|When||Saturday, July 23, 2016 | 10am to 5pm
Sunday, July 24, 2016 | 10am to 4pm
|Where||Cobb County Civic Center - Marietta, Georgia|
|Admission||$8 per person, cash only|
|Theme||“Let’s Celebrate” - includes a gift presented to the first 40 patrons both days|
The Peach State Depression Glass Club celebrates their 40th anniversary of its Annual Collectible Glass Show and Sale at the renovated Cobb County Civic Center in Marietta on July 23 & 24.This beautiful and eclectic show is for anyone interested in American made glass. There is something for everyone to enjoy, from the novice to the advanced collector. It features 28 top dealers from across the nation. You will find booths filled with glass, pottery and kitchenware from the 1880s to the 1970s, with an emphasis on Depression Era and Elegant Glass. Come and:
- stroll down the wide aisles to find glass from major manufactures including Cambridge, Heisey, Fostoria, Fenton, and Blenko; vintage pottery from Roseville, Hull, and others; and a delightful assortment of kitchenware such as Fiesta, Fire King and Jadeite.
- enjoy free educational seminars to learn more about glass manufacturers, glass identification, and starting a glass collection.
- browse our club’s glass display - “Let’s Celebrate” (12 tables set to show novel ways to celebrate).
- have up to three pieces of glass or pottery identified at no charge by our club identification team.
- find that rare or wanted item for your collection.
- purchase a gift for a loved one or friend.
- learn as exhibitors often label their glass by maker and pattern.
2016 Glass Show SeminarsYou are invited to join our 30-minute seminars. Become a more informed shopper as you learn more about the glass that you love to collect and use. These seminars are designed to give you valuable information about your collections, to aid in your shopping, and to teach something new about the history and artistry of American-Made Glassware!
Celebrate the US Glass Company, etc. etc… presented by Lucy and Jim Slusher, PSDGC Members Learn about the largest glass manufacturer in the world, US Glass Company! Lucy and Jim will help you find answers to questions about how it came to be and what economic forces drew the member firms together, and give you more answers. And, of course, see lots of glass!
Celebrate with "The Carnival is in Town!" presented by Brenda Lewry, PSDGC Member View a lovely display of Carnival glass in a rainbow of colors and learn from Brenda’s discussion about her passion for this glass.
Celebrate a Love Affair and Rose Bowls presented by Shirley McCall, PSDGC Member Come and see the myriad of colors and styles of the rose bowls, as Shirley shares her stories of one of her beloved collections.
Celebrate your collection! Presented by Gary MacDonald, PSDGC Past President Acquire more knowledge about collecting your favorite patterns of glass. Gary will share some tips on buying and creating a collection that you will enjoy for years to come!
The Peach State Depression Glass Club is looking forward to seeing you at our 40th Anniversary Show, where you will be greeted at the door by club members and if you are one of the first luck 40 attendees you will receive a gift and token of our appreciation. Proceeds from the show are used for the preservation and education of American Glass by supporting student scholarships and museums. You are also invited to join us at our monthly meetings as our guest. We hope you will join our organization and share your knowledge or learn more about our passion. Please contact one of the following Show Co-Chairs for more information:
Dee Komro, 770.434.3753
Karen Kregel, 404.444.4454